It’s cherry season and today was the first day we can all start picking!
It was a gorgeous day today in Brentwood, California and some of the Orchards were open to the public to pick fruit. We decided to visit Cherry Time Orchard in Brentwood. Since we are still in quarantine, we were required to wear masks and stand 6 feet away from each other. This was pretty easy to do since it wasn’t too crowded.
It was so nice to be out today and the orchard looked beautiful that I thought it would be nice to share. If you would like to visit some U-Pick orchards here in Brentwood, feel free to visit this site here. They have a list of all the U-Pick Farms that are available and open during this time of quarantine.
Cherry Time is located at 1875 Walnut Blvd Brentwood, California 94513. 2020 U-Pick season is here opening May 6th. Their hours are Wed-Sun 9-5 p.m. No reservations required. Feel free to follow them on facebook and instagram. @brentwoodcherrytime
Quarantine Guidelines For U-Pick Farms
Since it is such a sensitive time, there are some basic rules to follow if you would like to pick fruit at the farms.
- All guests over age of 12 must wear a mask or face covering at all times inside the orchards.
- Please do not bring bags, backpacks, or ice-chests inside as they are not allowed. You can bring reusable bags, plastic bags, or buckets to pick fruit.
- Please practice social distancing of at least 6 feet between you and other persons at all times. This includes waiting in line to get into the orchard, while picking fruit, and waiting in line to pay.
- If you touch the fruit, you pick the fruit. Be mindful that some of the trees are fairly young. Please pull fruit gently from the trees.
- Please contact your favorite local U-Pick Farms to see what their preferred payment method is. If in cash, try to bring exact change.
For more information on what is required and expected of visitors during this time, that information is available here.